Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What were they thinking?

Again, I puzzle over the inordinate power the Guza war engine must wield in the world of daytime. An Emmy for Best Drama?! For what?! For driving away viewers at an alarming rate?

I'm sorry but it's 85% horrible. If I weren't interested in Patrick & Robin at the moment I would have bailed the moment Claudia and Jason started sharing screen time. I'll admit that The Metro Court hostage crisis was sheer daytime genius, so maybe the Emmy people were thinking of that alone...and I would understand but, seriously, do they not watch the soap beyond the submission?

And then I read this rumor about Guza in contract talks...why doesn't ABC save some money and the fans by promoting Conforti and telling Guza he can write anything he wants so long as it doesn't have anything to do with storyline or character development unless the storyline happens to have 'sweeps' potential. I've always thought the dream situation would be Guza coming up with great Sweeps stunners but letting Conforti and the crew staff it based on the lovely little storylines they created during the writers strike. *sigh* I miss that strike.

Grr. Argh. GH and a sad, sad lack of Gigi on One Life to Live has made me a very disgruntled soaps viewer this summer. I need to find a good telenovela to pass the time.

No comments: