Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick! I've Been Tagged and Am Now Reusing My Own Jokes!

Once upon a time, I was a blogger with style - it was the early days of blogging and "tagging" was all the rage. A few days have past since that time but Quiltersal was adorable enough to tag me and so off we go...

Zee Ruuuuuulezzz
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random things about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Oy! Vay! On the last 2 Rules...I'll have to get to that later (though Ashlin, baby, you're gettin' one)....for now, here are my 7 things to cover up how much I HATED IT on GH today...

1. I see no problem in thinking and talking about character on GH as though they were real people manipulated by a vicious god who refuses their sacrifices. Yep. Totally ok by me.

2. I have been a bystander in all of the following situations: small-town murder, Category IV hurricane, a drug war in a 3rd world country, 2 floods and 2 forest fires. Hang out with me at your own risk.

3. I am currently laughing at my niece who has written words to accompany the Aloha Scooby Doo theme song. They go like this "It's a mouse. Dee deee dee. Go Scooby. Dee deee dee."

4. The only time I have successfully lost weight without pharmaceutical assistance was on a diet I invented called the Ice Cream Diet. I ate a small breakfast and lunch and then stopped at Cold Stone Creamery every night for dinner. Miracles do happen, my friends.

5. I never got into Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys but I loved the Nancy Drew-Frank Hardy romance mysteries. In fact, all my favorite books are romances at heart.

6. I started watching soaps at age 4 with my grandmothers. At church, I listed the Dallas theme song as my favorite song and sang it to the entire group of children. My mother was graceful enough to stop me before I told them the lyrics I'd written...

7. The most common compliment I get in the course of a week is: You sure type/text fast. Yep. These fingers are speed demons. I typed this faster than you read it. I can take word by word dictation AND write a novel at the same time. I probably need a life.

Bonus: I have discovered that women who knit and read really dig GH blogs written by me. We're a specific demographic but we've got STYLE.

I tag....Nancy, Ashlin, Lola and Ava, Anne, Allison, and...that's it. Everyone who has ever read this blog. Thanks, guys!

That's what you get for reading this blog!

5 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Thanks for the tag. I can always use blog fodder. Particularly when my knitting is so freakin' boring, lol.

Knitters who love to read are a very elite group. You are obviously held in very high esteem;)

Allison said...

Thanks Glo! I'll have to catch up and post my 7 random items later in the week. I do enjoy reading your views on GH, even though I can't knit!

Sally said...

Glo, you never cease to make me laugh! I love, love, love reading your blog! Have a fantastic time in London - one of my favorite cities in the world, next to Hong Kong and Paris. Thanks for taking the tagging in stride, too!

Anne said...

Lucky you, you have 2 Annes who read you. I'm with you on the grim state of affairs (pun intended) in PC,NY ... have fun in London! (how could you not?)

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I finally did my 7. Thanks again for the tag.